Terms And Conditions - Kosher4u
Terms Of Sale
These pages tells you the terms and conditions on which we retail the products listed on our website Kosher4u.eu. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
At checkout, please click on the check box marked "I accept the Kosher4u terms and conditions" if you accept them. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
- Kosher4u is a site and trading name operated from Lamorinierestraat 25, Antwerp 2018.
- The VAT, Number BE0891696650, is registered in the name of Hinda Mandel.
- HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED
- After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us confirming that your order is being processed. We will charge your credit or debit card at the time of checkout.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by us by sending you an e-mail confirming dispatch (the Dispatch Confirmation), at which stage the contract is formed. If we cannot fulfil your order for any reason, we will let you know as soon as possible and provide a full refund.
- We provide links to the websites of other companies. We are not responsible for the products or the service provided by third party companies (this disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against that third party).
- CONSUMER RIGHTS
- If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a contract at any time within 14 calendar days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in clause 8 below).
- To cancel a contract, you must inform us in writing or by sending an email to [email protected] You must return the Product(s) to us as soon as possible at the Customer Service Address above in an unused, undamaged condition. You are responsible for paying the cost of returning the Product(s).
- Please note that you have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- Except where a Product is defective, you may not cancel a contract for the supply of any of the following:
- Products produced or altered to your own specification;
- Products whose packaging has been opened;
- Perishable goods, including but not limited to, dairy and meat products, processed salads, fresh salads, breads and patisserie; or any other fresh or frozen item.
- Kashrut authority was not suited to your standards;
- DVDs or CDs where you have broken the seal; and
- AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
- We aim to dispatch your order within 24 hours of receipt and it should be with you within 2 to 5 working days of dispatch (Most European destinations 2 to 5 working days approximately.
- Orders must be received a day in advance and it will shipped out a day after unless:
- You have ordered breads or patisserie then your order must be in by 5pm the previous day;
- There are perishable goods in the order and it will not be delivered before the weekend or over a public holiday;
- You request a specific delivery date;
- It is before a Jewish holiday where there are many orders to fulfil, it is best to allow an extra two working days for despatch during these periods.
- Weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) and Bank holidays and Jewish holidays are not classed as working days. Because we use a third-party delivery service, these times are estimates and not guarantees (Delivery Table). However, please let us know if you do not receive your order in good time and we will look into the matter. Delivery times may be longer for certain products.
- Where a product is out of stock we will offer you a refund or, where you have agreed, provide a substitute product.
- All descriptions including Kashrut, product images and weights are intended to give a general description of the goods and are not binding. The weight to be shipped includes the weight of packaging for the goods.
- You will be supplied with an estimated delivery date, and subsequently a tracking number which will enable you to access accurate details of the delivery progress and status of your parcel online.
- If purchasing chilled items, these will be packed in an insulated package and/or chilling gels to maintain a low temperature. This packaging is suited to keeping frozen goods below 0°C for up to 48 hours under normal conditions. Dairy goods will also be packaged in a suitable manner to maintain freshness for up to 48 hours.
Disclaimer: By purchasing fresh or frozen items, you accept responsibility for it and there is no guarantee given!!
RISK OF PRODUCTS – IMPORTANT TO KNOW
This is our number one condition! Please read carefully!
- Kosher4u.eu Guarantees that all goods are shipped intact. We have over 10 years of shipping experience to our customers, however we are dependent on the third party shipping companies and sometimes accidents can happen in transit.
Especially glass items or soft, fragile items are at high risk. Chips, cookies, crackers are a good example. When ordered in combination with glass items there is the risk of the items arriving crushed.
We do our best to wrap the items safely and as compact as possible but there is simply no guarantee given.
Tip: consider these type of items when you place your order.
- You agree that either you or another person will be in to accept delivery of chilled items, and that Kosher4u cannot be held responsible for chilled goods that spoil as a result of nobody being available to take delivery of the goods or due to unforeseen delays in transit caused by the shipping company.
- If there is noticeable damage on the outside of box, you have the option of refusing your delivery. The shipping company will then automatically return the box to us. This option works best when you have ordered only dry items as we will then be able to provide you with a full refund as opposed to perishable items where no money-back guarantee is ever given.
- The Products will be at your risk from the time dispatch provided we have received full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products.
- PRICE AND PAYMENT
- Prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due before you place your order. You are given the option of correcting any errors before you confirm your order to us
- Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation.
- Some goods on promotion have a short expiry date, and our website will make mention of this. Your placing of an order for these goods is your consent to accept the goods in good faith, the goods arrive shortly before/after their expiry date.
- If we have made a pricing error by displaying a lower price than the correct price, we will either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. If the pricing error is unmistakable, we are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- If we have incorrectly displayed a higher price, we will confirm the correct price to you in the Dispatch Confirmation and refund the difference to you.
- We will charge your credit or debit card at the time of checkout prior to dispatch.
- All payments shall be made in Euros. Please note that Kosher4u cannot be held responsible for adverse currency fluctuations. The conversion rate is set at the point of authorisation of your credit/debit card.
- VAT & TAXES
- As mentioned in 7.1 all prices include VAT and any other taxes due in Belgium.
- Corporate customers with a valid EU intra-community VAT number will be charged without VAT.
- VAT numbers are checked on the website http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/ and it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure it is valid.
- OUR REFUNDS POLICY
- When you return a Product to us which is not excluded in paragraph 4.4 above:
- Because you have cancelled the contract between us within the 14-day cooling-off period (see clause 4 above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as we have received back the goods. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
- We will usually refund any money to the card used to pay for your purchase.
- All returns are at the expense of the customer.
- When a product is past it's sell by date, we require photographic evidence from you to demonstrate that this is the case. If we are satisfied that we have supplied an out of date product we will refund the price of the product in full.
- OUR LIABILITY
- We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied.
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, waste of management or office time) however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
- This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- For death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- Under local Consumer Protection laws;
- For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- IMPORT DUTY AND CUSTOMS
- If you order Products from our site for delivery outside Belgium, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount.
- Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- Alcoholic drinks can be purchased on this website. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you confirm that if purchasing alcohol you are of at least the minimum legal age required by your Country to purchase and consume alcohol.
- All of our products are either certified by a recognized Kashrut authority or appear on a list of approved products issued by a recognised Kashrut authority or by an established Orthodox Jewish community.
- All milk products are Chalav Yisroel unless specified in the subtitle of the product that the production may have used milk which is not Chalav Yisroel.
- It is your responsibility to verify the Kashrut of each product you purchase. Kosher4u will not accept return of products because the Kashrut authority was not suited to your standards.
- All notices given by you to us must be given to Kosher4u at [email protected]. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause 12 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter,
- TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the contract.
- EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- Our performance under any contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- If we fail to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under this agreement, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 12 above.
- If any of these terms and conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
- OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We may revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
- LAW AND JURISDICTION
- Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site will be governed by Belgian law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Belgium.
||2 or 3
||2 or 3
||3 or 4
||1 or 2
||1 or 2
||2 or 3
||3 (Budapest 2)
||2 or 3
||2, 3 or 4
||3 or 4
||3 or 4
||3 or 4
||2, 3 or 4
Kosher4u delivers products all over the EU (Switzerland excluded)
We process customers orders on a First-in-First-Out basis, so the earlier you order the sooner it will be processed and shipped.
Note: no orders are shipped on the same day. The usual shipping date is one day after you have placed your order.
- If one or more of the items are out of stock.
- breads and cakes which must be ordered by 5pm the day before dispatch
- If there is less stock than the amount ordered.
- If there is a national holiday or anything else that can cause a delay.
If we have a problem with processing your order, we will contact you by email or phone. (It is very important to leave your phone number and correct Email address)
DELIVERY BEFORE SHABBAT
All orders outside of Antwerp made on Thursday, will be shipped on Monday the next week if transit time is more than 1 working day. If you live outside Belgium and are ordering for Shabbat, we advise you to order as early as possible in the week to ensure delivery before the weekend. Please see the attached table of time taken to deliver to your country.
We use four courier companies to deliver your orders:
- UPS regular
- Fedex (TNT) regular
- UPS express (extra charges apply)
- Fedex (TNT) express (extra charges apply)
CHILLED AND FROZEN SHIPMENTS
- If purchasing chilled items, these will be packed in an insulated package and/or chilling gels to maintain a low temperature. This packaging is suited to keeping frozen goods below 0°C for up to 48 hours under normal conditions. Dairy goods will also be packaged in a suitable manner to maintain freshness for up to 48 hours,
- You agree that either you or another person will be in to accept delivery of chilled items. Kosher4u cannot be held responsible for chilled or frozen goods that spoil as a result of nobody being available to take delivery of the goods or due to unexpected delays caused by the shipping company.
- Kosher4u.eu guarantees that all goods are shipped intact. We have over 10 years of shipping to our customer, however we are dependent on the third party shipping companies and sometimes accidents can happen on the way.
NOBODY AT HOME – GOODS NOT DELIVERED
- If the delivery company is unable to deliver your order and the goods are returned to Kosher4u, we reserve the right to charge you for the cost of the return shipment.
For more information please contact us: [email protected]